The Budget and Treasury Office is headed by the Chief Financial Officer Mr. Ayanda Lwana and is responsible for providing financial services for the municipality including performing the budget, revenue collection, accounting analysis, financial reporting, cash management, debt management, asset management, accounts payable, expenditure functions, supply chain management and information communication and technology.
Management of the municipality is responsible for establishing and maintaining a system of internal controls designed to ensure that the assets of the municipality are protected from loss, theft, or misuse and to ensure that adequate accounting data is compiled to allow for the preparation of annual financial statement in conforming to the Generally Recognised Accounting Practice (GRAP). The internal controls are designed to provide reasonable but not absolute, assurance that fraudulent and irregular transitions will be detected by the controls.
Amongst the functions of the Budget and Treasury Office are:
- To continuously ensure an equitable, economical, transparent, fair, and value – add supply chain management system/function.
- To maintain an accurate and complete fixed asset register that is compliant with GRAP.
- To ensure spending of capital and operating budget by the end of the financial year.
- To ensure collection of all revenue due to the Municipality.
- To ensure desirable audit opinion and credible financial reporting.
- To prepare a realistic budget in line with the objectives and strategies enshrined in the IDP.
- To ensure effective implementation of the Finance internship programme in line with government job creation initiatives and career development.
- To continuously ensure accurate and complete recording and banking of cash received and investments made.
- To Maintain effective and efficient Information and technology systems
PA to Chief Financial Officer – Ms T Palo
Call: 043 831 5710
1. Manager – Expenditure and Payroll: Mrs Thandazwa Sontshaka
Call: 043 831 5713
2. Manager – Revenue, Budget and Reporting: Ms Nomaphelo Sana
Call: 043 831 5712
3. Manager – Assets and Supply Chain Management: Mr Avela Nombexeza
Call: 043 831 5714
4. ICT Management Co-ordinator: Mr Phindile Ludidi
Call: 043 831 5711