Cllr Z Nzuzo
The Office of the Chief Whip was established to create synergy and to maintain discipline among Councillors from various Political Parties. The role of the Chief Whip of the Council covers both the political and administrative domains of Council with emphasis on the political aspect.
- The Chief Whip must ensure that relationships are constructive and focused on key issues that are aimed at improving the lives of our residents.
- The Chief Whip further acts as a link between the Speaker, The Executive Committee and the Administration.
The office of the Chief Whip is charged with the following responsibilities
- The Chief Whip plays a key role in promoting good governance, he also ensures that all Committees of Council quorate through an equitable distribution of Councillors to these Committees
- One of the key roles of the Chief Whip is to ensure that all Councillors are accountable to Wards and their Political Parties
- The Chief Whip and the Speaker of the Council have a co responsibility to ensure adherence to the code of conduct by Councillors